Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Woof...




So.... I love dogs..... maybe I love them an embarrassing amount... 



Exhibit A:
Me and Copper Haslag's Christmas card pic

Exhibit B:
My former roomie Winston and I getting our snuggle on - Note: This pic is one of about a hundred similar snapshots. Nevermind the look on his face- he loves me, but hates the camera.

Exhibit C:

An incredibly hideous and really old Christmas morning pic of me and my parent's dog/other child Nicky.



The evidence clearly shows that dogs and I get along famously. I mean, dogs are (wo)man's best friend, right? However, my newest canine roommate and I haven't exactly hit it off. This is Midnight.

This is the only picture that exists of the two of us. I don't want to confess to how many attempts it took to get her to be this close to me. Maybe I'm just way too into dogs, but it's a serious blow to my ego and reputation as a dog lover that Midnight doesn't want much to do with me...

Here are the reasons why I think Mid and I aren't best friends yet:
  1. Midnight is a very independent dog. Since I am still job searching and just working part time, Midnight and I spend a considerable time at the house together during the day. She just wants to do her own thing. She'll pay attention to me when I want to take her on a walk, which happens everyday, but beyond that she'd just rather curl up on her couch. I am just not used to this. All other dogs that I've been around always want to be near people.
  2. Midnight doesn't cuddle. This is another thing that all other dogs I know love... but I guess Midnight is too big?! I personally think that she would make a great little spoon...
  3. I'm not as cool as Zach. I think that this is the main factor in why Midnight hates me: Zach is here too, and he is way cooler than me. That dog looooooves Zach. Probably because he gives her Greenies, taught her a bunch of tricks, and play wrestles with her... How can I compete with that?!
Although I think Midnight likes me more than she did when I first started living here, we've got along way to go...

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Haha, I know what you mean. I also feel bad about myself when a dog doesn't like me! It's like, whyyyyyyyyyyy won't he cuddddddle with me?!!!?!

Unknown said...

You are on the right track to winning Midnight over to the Christine fan club. The ways to a dog's heart are dog treats, walks, playing ball, and more dog treats. It won't be long and she will be making you pet her — by nudging your hand with her nose — just like Nicky does. She may never be a cuddler though. Big dogs just are not like the little dogs you are used to being around.